City of Markham    
Markham Register of Property of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest
Address: 28 JOHN ST
Original Address:
Property Legal Description: PLAN 71 LOT 6
Historical Name: Lelliot House
Heritage Conservation District: Thornhill
Ward: 1
Year Built: 1860
Architect Style: Classical Revival
Heritage Status of Property: Part V (Heritage)
Designation Bylaw:
Heritage Easement Agreement: No
History Description
Built in 1860 by William Lelliot, mason, who lived here with his family until his death in 1897. From 1925 to 1937 this was the location of the Bygone Businesses and Artisans group.
Contemporary Photograph Heritage Photograph
Key Map
Please note that the yellow polygon symbol is not indicative of the actual heritage area and is only meant to highlight the property the heritage building(s) is located at. For a complete description of the actual heritage property please refer to the Designation Bylaw found above.

  © Corporation of the City of Markham